Easy Ways To Boost Your Homes Energy Efficiency
How much are your utility bills affecting your monthly budget? It can be hard to manage your spending if excess energy use is driving up the utility costs. Instead of paying these expensive fees every month, it is time to take charge by upgrading your home with the best energy efficiency features.
Here are a few affordable tips that will help with energy efficiency improvements, without breaking the bank:
- HVAC Maintenance and Cleaning: Most of the energy usage is due to the HVAC unit. An annual maintenance appointment and cleaning can be a great way to optimize the performance of the unit, helping to reduce the energy that is needed to heat or cool your home. Call a professional team for assistance. You might find that it makes sense to replace the unit instead of paying for repairs on an old HVAC system.
- Add More Insulation: Even the best HVAC system will struggle if you don’t have good insulation to keep the hot or cold air inside. Adding more insulation can help you use less energy for indoor climate control because you will reduce the temperature loss. Consider insulation in the walls or lofts, depending on the design of your home.
- Invest in Solar Power: If you don’t want to worry about the cost of the energy that is being used, consider the option to invest in a residential solar power system. Many homeowners find that the equipment payment is comparable to standard utility bills. But, you will enjoy the benefits of free energy when the equipment loan is paid in full. Or, pay for the solar power system in full upfront so that you can eliminate your monthly energy payments.
- Install a Smart Thermostat: A few degrees can have a big impact on the amount of energy that is needed to heat or cool your home. But, it can be hard to remember when it’s time to change the settings on the thermostat. Instead of manually making the adjustments every morning and night, install a smart thermostat to automate these temperature adjustments. Not only can you program the thermostat, but you can also adjust the temperature through a smartphone app. It is nice to have the control to adjust the temperature when you are away on vacation.
- Upgrade to LED Lights: LED lights offer up to 100,000 hours of low-energy lighting for your home. They are durable and offer an effective way to minimize the energy that is used when the lights are turned on.
There’s never been an easier time to add energy efficiency upgrades to your home. You will love the results when you are finished with these renovations! Plus, you will gain the benefits of higher property value in the future. Many home buyers prioritize energy efficiency when searching for real estate properties.